Translate

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

"Sycamore Beside the New River"

This past weekend we attempted to escape the heat and traveled to Jefferson, NC.  We visited friends in Crumpler and had a wonderful riparian afternoon and picnic alongside of the New River at their delightful setting there.  I enjoyed sketching this magnificent sycamore while embracing the soft trickling sounds of the  river and general peace and beauty of my surroundings.

                                                      watercolor and "Pit" artist pen on 7" x 10" sketchbook page

2 comments:

  1. Riparian afternoon. I love it! Reminded me of an episode of 'Keeping Up Appearances' where Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced bouquet) invited her friends to a picnic with riparian entertainment. It was a hilarious disaster. Love this little painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendy! I saw that episode and that's exactly where I got the idea for my title! We do love "our Hyacinth" don't we.

    ReplyDelete