Translate

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Jekyll Island, Georgia

Here are two sketches from a recent visit to Jekyll Island. Such a beautiful island with many old "Live Oak" trees that are covered with hanging moss.

The first sketch was done at "Driftwood Beach" , an area along the northeast side of the island where many storm damaged trees and limbs have found their way here over time.:

                                                        watercolor, pen and ink
                                                        on 7" x 10" sketchbook page

The second sketch is of a clump of trees along "Clam Creek Road":

                                           watercolor, pen and ink on 7" x 10" sketchbook page


2 comments:

  1. I love your sketches. I plan on doing some day trips once the weather breaks. And I will have my sketchbook ready. Miss you lots. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! With this cold weather all over the country...wonder when the weather will ever break. It's great to be sketchbook ready-there have been many times that I wish I had brought mine along.
      I miss you too.
      HAPPY NEW YEAR!

      Delete